Snake Eyes....

January 11, 2011

Happy Snake eyes y'all! Today is supposedly a "lucky day." Let's see, it's pouring rain, my Fibromyalgia is  flaring like a mofo and I'm bitchy and cranky. I'd say it's not such a lucky day for me or those around me lol.

I've always tried to not talk too much about Fibromyalgia in here, I don't want to to define me. But sometimes (like today) I can't help myself. I guess some would say I'm having a pity party but damn it, I haven't been sleeping good and I swear, it feels like there's something chewing on my muscles at this very moment. Uugh. It really sucks sometimes.  It's pretty bad when wearing a damn bra hurts. But my In Laws are still here and I just don't feel comfy walking around with the girls "au natural" (sans bra) in front of them. I'd be better off staying in bed today, but that hurts too lol.

Then add on the lovely Fibro Fog that sometimes comes with a flare up and you know I'm having a wonderful day. I literally sat in front of my computer for 10 minutes trying to remember what I wanted to write about. Lol I'm so frustrated with my self. As if you couldn't tell.

Ok...pity party/rant about fibro over. You're welcome.

Remember last week that I told y'all that one of my poor pugs had to have surgery? Actually a biopsy, but they were gonna put her to sleep to do it? Well let me give y'all an update on her.

That's Gidget waiting in the vet's office before we found out about the surgery. You can (kind of) see the pinkish growth on her left leg. That's what they were doing the biopsy of. The vet told us to be sure not to give her anything to drink or eat after midnight the night before, so when we went to bed around 10 pm we picked up the food and water bowls. I got up early Friday morning and dropped her off (at 8 am) at the vets office, she was spending the night and we'd pick her up the next morning.

When hubby got home from work at 1pm I called the vets office to check on her and see how the procedure went. The girl I spoke with answered "She just went into surgery! She's doing fine!" Ok, so I'm happy that she was doing so well in surgery but ARE YOU EFFIN' KIDDING ME?  You mean to tell me that my poor dog has been there since 8 am, in a cage, scared to death and you haven't given her anything to drink or eat and it's 1pm? I mean, call me crazy but don't you think she might be dying of thirst by now? I was so pissed off y'all. But I decided that while she was in surgery wasn't a good time to go the eff off on them.

Hubby ended up calling back around 4 to check on her and they told him to wait until 5 and he could go pick her up! Yay! She didn't have to spend the night there. I was so excited. Surgery went fine, she was still a little "drunk" but we could bring her home. Since I'd just gotten out of the shower and had wet hair and it takes me almost an hour to blow dry my hair (no really, it does!) hubby went and picked her up by himself.

He gets to the vets office and they tell him that they went ahead and removed the growth and that they'll send part of it off for the biopsy. I'm glad that they removed it but I couldn't help but be a bit "miffed" about it. I mean, they didn't call us and tell us that they were going to remove it.

We thought our bill was going to be about $150, it ended up being over $300. Not that we're poor or anything but with me leaving this weekend to go home (Louisiana here I come) for two weeks, it kind of put a pinch on us. What if we didn't have the $300? I mean, some people just don't have that kind of extra money laying around.

Don't get me wrong, I think we'd pay just about anything to make sure our "babies" are ok, but some people just can't spend that kind of money on their pets. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I would have expected the vet to call us before making that decision. At least I know my vet in LA would have.

But in the end, we're just happy our Gidget is feeling better. Poor thing, when hubby got home with her she had a pink bandage on her leg and was drunk as hell. Lol it was funny and sad at the same time.

 {It looks red, but it's pink I swear}

When they got home hubby handed her to me and she didn't leave my side for most of the night. Lol it was so funny, even laying there (in the pic) she was "bobbing and weaving" like a drunk would lol. 

I was so worried about putting her in her kennel that night that I ended up sleeping on the couch with her and her sister. Just like any good Momma would do. Just sayin' lol. I have to bring her back in two weeks to get her stitches out. They used wire to stitch her up...I've never seen that done before lol, kinda freaked me out at first.

Now that Gidget is feeling much better and we're hoping for positive news about the biopsy Bonsai has started limping. Apparently when they're in the kennels at night they spend half the night "itching, scratching, licking and chewing" on themselves and Bonsai has the pad of one of her back paws. Soooo...if that doesn't get better on it's own soon, it's off to the vet with her. 

When it rains, it pours I tell ya! It's always something with those two lol. But...whatcha gonna do huh?

{click image to see more cuteness/badness}

I'm almost ready for my trip! Most of my clothes are packed, still have to pack all of my make up and hair "necessities," mani and pedi is done, I still haven't found any silver shoes to go with my bridesmaid dress but my sister said she has some brand new ones that she's never worn that I can borrow. If they don't fit me then I'll go find some while I'm there.  I've made a dinner date with my Son. I'm cooking his favorite things that Momma (that'd be me) cooks! He's excited about that, but trust me his Momma (me again) is even more excited than he is.

Lots of fun plans with my sister, plans to meet up with a friend that I haven't seen in over a year, I'm really looking forward to seeing her. It's time for me to realize what REAL friends are all about. She's the real, true blue, deal!

I've completed two blog designs and I'm getting ready to start designing a blog for my blog design business! I'm super excited about it! I came up with a name I love, I'll fill you all in as soon as I get it done!

My heart is breaking for all of those victims in Arizona! I'll never understand what makes people like that (killer) guy tick. I mean, if you have that much hate in your heart for politicians that's one thing, but to murder an innocent 9 year old child? That little girl is someone's baby, someone's everything. 

As for Fred Phelps, how dare you? Christina Taylor-Green was a 9 yr old girl.What on earth could you possibly think is OK about protesting her funeral? Shame on you!!  Thank God for the Angel Action idea. You Mr Phelps, should be in the cell right next to that nutjob who killed all of those innocent people!

Thought's and prayers to all of those families! Love y'all! 


MiMi said...

I'm just sorta shocked and wondering what the hell were you doing to have a 300 dollar water bill??? I know. You were running multiple hottubs in a naked hot tub party weren't you? I knew it!

MiMi said...

And I'm so sorry about the fibro crap. It's the invisible disease like MS sometimes.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all of you so don't be shy.