Last Minute Preps..........

January 13, 2011

As excited as I am for my trip home in a couple of days, I'm in bummed mode right now. Wanna know why? Because of this hunka hunka gorgeousness!


I'm sure I've mentioned it her before, so forgive me if you've heard it before. See, going home is always a "choice" for me.  It's so damn expensive to fly home that hubby has never been able to come with me. Not to mention that he works, a lot. And it's not easy for him to get much time off usually. So I can never have both hubby and my family at the same time. I'm either with him, or I'm with my family. It sucks. I'm always missing someone.

I hate leaving hubby. I mean, for obvious reasons...the man is a whole lotta gorgeous lol. But I always miss sleeping next to him, laying on the couch watching TV with him. Listening to him get pissed off at his Black Op's game when he gets killed. (That's a whole other hilarious blog entry for another day!) Watching him get dressed in his dress clothes for his teams wrestling matches with the nice new tie that I got him for xmas that is the schools colors. I'm gonna miss him. Being away from him for two weeks sucks.

Don't get me wrong, I love going and visiting with my family. I have a great time while I'm there and I soak up every single second that I get with my son (who works too damn much while I'm there!), with my Sisters, and even with my Daddy. I visit my friends. I eat some of the most amazing food you could imagine (it's Cajun food people, come on!), and I drink way too much.

But I still miss Mr Luvah Luvah! Last night we actually went out and had a couple of beers. We haven't done that since I first moved here. It was nice. He'd promised me that we'd spend some time together before I left, and with his parents staying here with us that's not so easy to do at home. So we went out. It was really nice, I told him we'd have to do it again.

He wont be bored though. He's going to have his parents to keep him company (and drive him a lil crazy too lol), and our fur babies. Not to mention Black Op's! (The man is addicted y'all!) But best of all?? His daughter who moved out of state a couple of months ago is coming down for a visit. He's really looking forward to seeing her. (I'm so bummed I'm gonna miss getting to see her!) So I know he wont be lonesome.

I'm almost ready...I think. I'm sure I'll forget five or 20 things that I absolutely needed. I always do.

I'm a list maker. I have to be y'all! ADHD is not a good thing to have when (actually never) you're packing to go home for a two week visit and you're walking in a wedding.
.

But, the list has helped to keep me on track, so I think I've done pretty good this time around lol. I've still got a few things left to do, but for the most part...I'm ready! Gonna make some sea salt cashew brittle tonight to bring home with me for Rusty. God I can't wait to see him y'all! Nothing like giving your (yeah, I know! He's 21 and not a baby anymore! Hush!) baby a big ol' hug when you haven't seen them in a couple of months. Sigh...can't wait!

I hope you're all doing well!

5 comments:

KristinFilut said...

Have a great time, Dee!

P.S. You did such an awesome job on Andrea's blog!

Andrea said...

Sorry the man isn't going home with you. That stinks. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time and it'll be all the more amazing when you get home and reconnect! ;) Have a safe trip, g-friend!

Macey said...

LOVE that AD/HD sign!!! LOL!!
I hope you have a fabulous time and don't miss the hubs TOO much. :(

Dee Stephens said...

#1. Need the brittle recipe
#2. Had no idea your in-laws were living with you? I must have missed a post.

Is this for good or short term?

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your visit!!!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all of you so don't be shy.