September 2, 2010

First of all I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to wish me a happy birthday. You're all the greatest. I had a quiet but great day! I did get that chocolate cake I was hoping for.


Holybirthdaycakey'all...Good Lord. My gorgeous husband came home with this monstrosity (sp?) yesterday. It's a chocolate fudge cake. I swear to you, this damn thing HAD TO weigh at least 5lbs! It is the most chocolate I've ever had wrapped up in one cake before lol. You can't eat much of it, it's too damn rich. But oh my word is it GOOD!!

I have very few friends here in NC. But...my closest friend (here) Jessica came by yesterday with balloons and this gorgeous plant...


 Beautiful huh? She's such a sweetheart. I just found out that she's getting married next year. So excited for her!! I can't wait to plant this baby outside around our flagpole with my other lillies!

We're staring down the barrel of Hurricane Earl right now. So I may be out of touch for a couple of days. I live over an hour away from the OBX of North Carolina. They've evacuated some of the outer islands so far. But, from what they're saying we're not going to get much of it here. As of right now they're saying we're going to get some rain and maybe 40 mph winds. I hope that's all we get.


Some of you know that I was in Louisiana during Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. I swore I'd never stay for another one. My husband thinks I'm paranoid, but if you were in LA during Katrina and Rita...you know how bad it was. It's some scary shit. Looks like we're gonna stay put for this one too though. Not because I want to. My husband is stubborn, what can I say?? Wish us luck lol. I may be out of touch for a couple of days if the power/cell towers go out, just so you know!

Don't know if y'all hear or not, but there's been another oil rig explosion in the Gulf of Mexico. There were 13 men on board the rig. One worker was injured but all are accounted for and have been brought to a nearby hospital for evaluation. Pray for them. The rig is still on fire the last that I heard!


Pray for my beautiful home state. Another one? Really?

Now onto the contest...

BishPackTM

Yesterday I wrote an entry about my bff (and her blondeness...it is too a word!!) Now, we'd like to know about you and your bff!

Do you have the best, the greatest bff? Tell us about her. Yup, you heard me right! Friends You Love is hosting The World's Greatest BFF Contest. So, if you think your Bff is the worlds greatest...here's what you have to do to enter:

~Write a post about your BFF.

How do you know her? How has she been there for you? Tell us about the things you've been through together, through thick and thin. Why is YOUR BFF The World's Greatest BFF?

~Come back here and link your post up.
Entries accepted 9/2 - 9/19

On 9/23, Friends You Love will post our Top 5 favorite BFF posts.

~Beginning 9/24, the public can come back and vote for their favorite!

~Voting will close at 5 p.m. CST on 9/29

~The winner will be announced at Twitter Gala on 9/30 and receive an extensive prize package for herself AND her BFF!

6 comments:

Macey said...

I pray for your home state girl. :(
And all of the people who might be affected. I hope it goes away and becomes just a thunderstorm or something.
And that cake??? Holy GOODNESS yum!

Shell said...

So, I'm seriously slow. I didn't even realize you were in NC. I'm further south than you- not predicting it will hit us directly...but praying it leaves all of us alone!

Anonymous said...

I don't think my first response got posted.

I hope you had a happy birthday. That cake looks darn yummie.

Thinking of you and praying the storm does not hit you. Keep us posted!

Marguerite said...

Happy Birthday, Sha, from one Virgo to another! And happy year, too! I'll have a daiquiri in your honor! Cheers! That cake is TOO MUCH! Looks divine! Hope Earl skips on by and that you stay safe. Too bad about the explosion in the Gulf, but at least everyone is ok!

June said...

That cake looks so yummy!!
And the flower is gorgeous.
I hope you had a beautiful birthday.

May the wind and rain pass quickly!

Renee said...

The cake looks delish! Glad you had a great birthday!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all of you so don't be shy.