We Wanna Know!

October 12, 2011





Photobucket


It's hump day. Hump day means we all get to join Mamarazzi, Queso and Crazymama for the weekly questions for WWTKW! I'm having a flare up (fibro) today so I'm going to keep it short and sweet.


{1} What is your feel better remedy when you are sick?
Mine is just usually rest but Hubby makes me drink this stuff I like to call "Ass in a Cup" (cause that's got to be what ass would taste like if you put it in a cup.). I'm not sure of the exact recipe but it has Lambrusco (wine), honey and I think lemon juice in it and he heats it up. Uugh...gives me the willies just thinking about it. But...I can't lie, it works. Damn it.

{2} When illness strikes, what is your policy on staying home from work, school or church with yourself and the family?

Well usually when I get sick (with a cold and/or flu) it makes me have a flare up (fibromyalgia) too, which means I have trouble walking. So I stay home. It's kind of hard to go anywhere if you're having trouble moving around. Hubby is stubborn and has to be almost dead before he'll actually stop and take a break. My Son is grown so I can "make" him stay home anymore.

{3} What do you think is worse? Flu or cold? 

For me...the flu. Holy body aches.

{4} Flu shots? Do you get them? Have you yet? 

I got mine a couple of weeks ago. I don't usually get them because I always seem to get a cold even though the dr's say that a flu shot can not make you sick immediately after I get the damn shot. This is the first flu shot I've had in over 10 years.

{5} When are are feeling down, what is your usual, go-to therapy? (retail therapy, exercise, comfort food, etc).

I usually call one of my Sisters. Sometimes messing around with Photoshop helps to take my mind off of whatever is bothering me. Sometimes.

7 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

I don't take the flu shot anymore because of that too.
Love the new look!

Andrea said...

Love the fall look, mama! So pretty!! I'm curious about the ass in a cup. It sounds gross, but if it works, it works, no? ;)

Macey said...

But but but...I LOVE your new background!! :)

Robin said...

a distraction from the pain... good idea. I think that's why I watch the dvr'd shows. or trashy reality tv.
My hub apologized for making me ramen noodles!! But it helped me a great deal. First thing I had eaten in 3 days. He wouldn't let me have booze.

Mamarazzi said...

sorry you are hurting honey...fibro is no joke, i can totally sympathize!

my mom has this stuff she gets at whole foods called "kick ass immune" now i have never licked a cows ass but i have know what one must taste like after trying that crap. HORRIBLE!!

thanks for linking up doll!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

ass in a cup! HAHAHAHA

Alicia said...

ass in a cup!! bwahhaahaa!! i love it!!! and i hate getting body aches and chills, its the worst!! have a good week hun! xoxo

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all of you so don't be shy.