Now...on to more positive things. The fabulous Marguerite at Cajun Delights gave me an award this weekend.
I just love getting awards. It's always nice to know that one of your favorite bloggers thinks enough of you to pass it on. There are a lot of "big" bloggers out there who don't "participate" when they're given an award, kind of rude if you ask me. I mean, if someone thinks enough of you to give you one, the least you can do is post it and say thank you!
If you've never checked out Marguerite's blog you should. The woman has MAD skills in the kitchen. When I grow up I want to be a good ol' Cajun cook just like she is lol. My mouth starts watering and I think I gain 5 lbs every time I go in her blog. I wish I was kidding. She is almost ready to publish her Cajun cookbook, I'll be buying that one for sure! She only lives about 30 minutes from my hometown so I'm hoping that on one of my next trips home I'll get to meet her!
Thank you so much Marguerite, it was so sweet of you to think of me when it came time to give the award away! You're the best cher'!
As part of the condition of accepting this award, I'm supposed to tell ya'll 7 things about myself that you don't already know. Let's see what I can come up wtih...
1. I've been a bit "put off" with the whole blogging thing lately, and that bums me out. I feel like I've lost the humor that I use to have in here. I'm slowly trying to get it back.
2. I have a shoe box (yeah, I keep it in a shoe box lol) full of nail polish. With almost any shade you can think of. But the only color I usually wear on my fingernails is pink. Usually a very bright shade of pink. You'll never see me without nail polish on. I'm so used to it that I think it looks tacky if I don't have any on and my nails break if I don't have any on. It doesn't look very bright in the pic but it's a bright pink!
If you look close you can see that there are two diamonds missing from my ring. *sob* I need to put it in the shop. It's like it has two missing teeth or something.
3. I've been crafting a lot lately. I think it may just be driving Mr Luvah a lil crazy at times, but he doesn't tell me so lol.
4. I have more pictures on my Blackberry of our Pugs than I do my family. That's bad. I know it is lol.
5. I'm becoming slightly obsessed with craft blogs and finding different tutorials on how to make new crafts that I've never done before.
6. I read about this couple on MSN and started reading their blog. My heart breaks for them. Can you imagine having a 19 month old daughter and finding out that your husband has prostrate cancer? And then finding out that you have breast cancer two weeks later? They're both going through chemo together. My heart just breaks for them.
7. I'm trying to grow an avocado from a seed (for the second time), I've checked the damn thing every day (sometimes a few times a day lol) to see if it's started rooting yet. It hasn't. I've also got a sweet potato that I'm going to try to start a plant with.
Yeah, I'm pretty boring. I know this. Now, I'm supposed to pass this award on to 15 stylish blogs. Not sure I can come up with that many, but I'll do my best!
I have a lot of favorites but there are a few that I didn't choose. There are some of y'all (shame on you lol) that I know wouldn't bother passing it on or posting it lol. The blogs that I decided to choose are some that I've been following almost since I started blogging, some are new ones that I'm following that I really like, and some are blogs that I love that the "owner" hasn't been blogging much lately and I'm hoping to "change" that lol, I'm so evil!
Please go pay any/all of them a visit. They're some good reads y'all! In no particular order...
Living In France - This girl reads and comments on every single blog entry I post. For that alone, I love her to death. She's funny, I love her F bomb Friday's. Someday I'm going to have my very own "Adventures with flat Mimi!"
The Bipolar Diva - Her blog is always interesting, she's very open about her being Bipolar, I've learned a lot from her blog. She's smokin' hot. She has 8 kids (and grandkids), she rides a pink Harley (she even has her lip print painted on it) and she's funny. Love her blog.
Life According to Candice - if you can read her blog without laughing there's something seriously wrong with you. For reals. The woman is gorgeous!
Dee's Adventures - She's a fellow "Cajun" and she also lives in North Carolina. It doesn't hurt that she's a total sweetheart!
Girls and Sunflowers - Another fellow "Cajun" and a great Momma!
Keeper of the Skies Wife - She makes some of the most beautiful quilts I've ever seen and her family is so gorgeous it's almost sickening lol.
The Ramblings of a Disgruntled Secretary - Ahh Meeko! I puffy heart him. He's been slacking in his blog lately (I'm sure you've been hella busy boo, I'm just giving you a hard time!) and I miss reading it!
How Could You Not I love how she's not afraid to make fun of herself in her blog, she always makes me laugh.
Good Girl Gone Redneck - She's really sweet. She also has a giveaway in her blog right now.
Adventures of A Yankee Girl - I always leave her blog with a smile on my face.
The Peterson Family - The woman has mad photography skills y'all! Just sayin'!
So I only came up with 11. I'm a rule breaker, what can I say? Lol...
Hope you all have a wonderful day!