I got a phone call from my Sister yesterday. My Dad is having surgery AGAIN this Friday. Some of you may remember that he had a internal defibrillator put in 7 or 8 months ago (heart surgery #1). That one stopped working/malfunctioned and they had to take it out (surgery #2) and remove the scar tissue that surrounded it, then put a new one in (surgery #3).
Apparently now he's gotten an infection in/around (not quite sure on this point, my sister was a bit upset when I talked to her) his heart. So on Friday they're going to remove it AGAIN. They're going to keep him in the hospital for 3-5 days and then try to put a new one on the other side of his chest.
Y'all he's weak, he's tired, he's 70 years old. When is enough enough? I mean really, he really just needs a break. He needs to feel better already damn it.
In 26 days I'm going home and I'm terrified that he's not going to make it that long. I just want to see him, to hug him and hold his hand. I want to spend a day with him, taking care of him and listening to his stories. Please God, please let him last long enough for me to see him again!!
Say a prayer for my Daddy please!
I'm an emotional wreck. I mentioned last week that I'm going back to school to finish getting my GED. I still haven't been yet. I'm either not sleeping or the damn fibromyalgia is flaring up. I didn't sleep at all last night. I got my make up on, and got my hair fixed this morning. And passed the eff out on the couch. Once again, no school.
Ok y'all...pity party over. I found a meme that I've never participated in before so I thought I'd play along. If you'd like to join in the fun, you can go here.
1. What is your favorite Mexican dish? I don't think there's a Mexican dish I've found that I don't like lol. I'd have to say chimichanga's and guacamole. Yummy. Now I'm hungry for some!
2. When you were a kid, did you get started on your homework right away after school, or did you procrastinate?
I got started on it (usually) on the bus lol. I was a nerdy girl when I was a kid. Go figure, now I can't manage to get my ass to school to finish my damn GED.
3. What is your favorite store for home furnishings?
I have a couple. Pottery Barn, Kirklands, Pier 1.
4. When you were young, did you like school lunches?
about as much as the next person
5. Is religion a crutch?
Who am I to say that it is or it isn't? It's whatever you want it to be.
6. In your region, what is the "big" (most popular in the community or state) high school sport?
I'd say football and wrestling
7. Do you consider yourself rich?
If were speaking about $$$, hells no! Far from it. If we're speaking about happiness and love, I'm a frickin' billionaire ha!
8. Which of these would you have the best chance for success in administering:
B) Heimlich Maneuver - I saw my Mom save a toddler when I was little, I never forgot how to do it after that!
C) Changing a flat tire
9. Which dance would you prefer to learn & why:
B) Hip Hop - because it's my favorite music and because it looks so damn fun!
10. What's the worst news you've ever delivered to someone?
Telling my two older sisters that our baby sister passed away. Even though we knew she was sick (she'd been sick since she was two and passed when she was 13) it was still a shock to all of us. It was a hard time in all of our lives.
11. Name something you learned in college that had nothing to do with classes or academics.
haven't gotten there yet. Great way to make a person feel like a schumck. Just sayin'!
12. New variation on an old question: If there's a song in your head that just won't get out, what is your favorite (or most repeated) line in that song?
Bitches lookin' at me strange but you know I don't care, step up in this mf'er just a swingin' my hair! Haha!! I LOVE Snoop!!
Don't forget those prayers y'all, please!!