March 15, 2011

It's been a boring couple of days here. This time change sucks. It doesn't usually get to me but this year...it is. Example...I slept until 11:30 today. Damn I hate when I do that. Hate it lol.

This past weekend hubs and I decided that we've got too much crap laying around the house so we decided we're going to have a yard sale. I went through the kitchen cabinets, we've got juice glasses and coffee cups and the likes that we never use. I've got all that packed up, along with some miscellaneous picture frames and knick knacks that we don't need. Right now it's all store in boxes in our guest room, it's filling up fast.

We cleaned out the attic Saturday, there was a lot of stuff in there that we don't need/use. Sunday we cleaned out the garage. Holy cow...I didn't realize how much stuff we had in there lol. Last year one of hubby's coworkers lost his 21 year old son. He'd given hubby boxes and boxes of his son's computer equipment, his wife couldn't take seeing it. So we had all that too.

Our neighbors came over to talk to us while we were cleaning out the garage and saw that in one of the boxes there was an old Xbox with about 10 games and some accessories. She bought it for $75. Then her parents, who live across the street from us came over and they bought all the rest of the computer equipment, some closet organizing shelves that were brand new and still in the box (lol) and a bakers rack that we had, they spent $170. Yay...we haven't even had the yard sale yet and we're already  $240 richer. I can live with that!

We're still having the yard sale though, we've still got plenty of stuff. I should probably go through my clothes, not sure how well they'll sale though.

We've haven't set a date for the sale yet, we're kind of waiting until it gets a little warmer.

This weekend hubby's oldest daughter is running a marathon. I have to kind of explain her situation to y'all for you to understand how amazing it is to see what she's doing this weekend.

She's joining the Navy. When she went to the recruiters office they told her she had to loose weight in order to join. This girl has worked her butt off and she's met their weight requirement. In the weight loss process she decided to run this marathon and she's raised money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. We're so proud of her. Hubby and I can't wait to see her run across the finish line!!

4 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

Congrats to her! that's awesome!

Ducky said...

All that cleaning has me motivated! I've put some of Lil Duck's toys on craigslist and I'm slowly saving for her room redo this summer.

Running a marathon is on my bucket list...I'd be happy with half a marathon actually. That's awesome!

Macey said...

How exciting for your hubby's daughter!
I can't imagine losing weight to join the military. I'm a WUSS!
And yay for making money! Girl. If you aren't sure about how well the clothes will sell? They'll go fast. Everything I wasn't sure about went right away. Weird.

Anonymous said...

I love when I can get my house all cleaned out! Good for you! And ya for your step daughter.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all of you so don't be shy.