30 Days of Truth....Day 1.

July 17, 2010

Y'all, I'm not one of those people who deletes their blog every time they get upset or someone pisses them off. Nor am I one of those people who says "I'm moving my blog" just to get attention.

The truth is, I can't get used to WP. At all. I'm comfy here. So...I've decided that I'm going to keep my blog here, and the one on WP. When I have something of a more "personal" nature, it will go on my WP blog.

We're all allowed to have our own voice, even on the net. This is mine. And this is home to me. I apologize for my moment of panic.



I found a new meme that I love. It's called 30 Days of Truth. I saw it in another blog (I'm so sorry I can't remember what blog it was, if it was yours please let me know so I can credit you!) and loved the idea. So along with the other meme's I'm doing, I'm going to be doing this one!

If you'd like to play along leave me a message and I'll send you the 30 Days info.

Day 01 → Something you hate about yourself.

When I first read this one I thought it was going to be super easy. No one is harder on me than I am. It's funny because last week Zgirl asked us to do the "15 Things I Love About Myself" thing. I told her that it would be hard for me to think of 15 things that I love about myself. That made her (Zgirl) sad, and when I thought about it, it made me sad too. When I sat down to do it, it was honestly really easy.

Finding something to hate about myself, not so easy lol. I mean, besides the obvious things. My weight, my looks, etc.

So, what do I hate about myself? I hate that I let other peoples opinions of me bother me. I hate that what they think of me is so important.

I've lived almost my entire life for other people. I did (or didn't do) things always with the thought of "What would (insert name here) think?" I made the choices that I was told to make. I always made "the right" choices. The right ones for everyone else.

You can't live your life for other people. For what other people are going to think about the life you're living. I'm me. You're you. That's what makes us all unique. The world would be a very boring place if we all lived the same life right?

There are some people out there that are going to disapprove of you no matter what you do. You can bend over backwards trying to please them but it wont work.

One of the great things about my husband is that he's teaching me how to just let go. To just be me.

I like it. I like it a lot.

10 comments:

MindyMom said...

Go you!

And FWIW I have a few people (Ex & Wifey included) in my real life who read my blog - they are not near and dear to me nor do they have positive things to say about me, and you know what? FUCK them! My blog is ONE thing they cant take away from me.

Macey said...

Aw, this is great! I can think of 15 things I love about you and I haven't ever seen you! :)
Ya know what, though? I care too much about others' opinions too. I let it take up too much space in my brain. And most of the time it's just what I'm IMAGINING they think about me.

Gen said...

excellent! i'm in, send me the info!

Unknown said...

I'll tell you what I told someone else I think highly of when they were sick of the blog drama..I don't blog for anyone but me. I blogged for a year and never had 1 person read me, but it was there and it meant I had lived it so when it comes to teh end of the day and I can look at me in the mirror and say " I did that and I am proud of me for sticking to my guns" Then I have done it right..

June said...

I like you just the way you are. And I am glad that you have such a wonderful husband that encourages you to let it go.

Happy to find you here on Blogger or WP. Either way, I will find ya'!
*hugs*

Unknown said...

just read your 100 things i had some lol enjoyment thanks for sharing you always make me feel sane
Pye ( yes this is my real name)

Meeko Fabulous said...

This sounds like fun!

{Kimber} said...

I have the same problem..I care WAY too much what others think of me...it's stupid I know but I can't help it...I am sensitive!

Lothiriel said...

I love this 30 days of truth! I thought about how much I love myself, but then I found the other things that I hate!

Like I hate how I become so judgmental and I always struggle to keep my yap shut!

At least, I know I have a problem, right? That's the first step! :)

Beth Eaton said...

I joining the bandwagon kind of late and I may not be able to keep up everyday, BUT I think this is an awesome concept and would love for you to send me the info so I can follow along! Thanks!!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all of you so don't be shy.